I inject myself in my leg with 20mg of Methotrexate every Friday morning and have done for the past 7 or 8 months now. After a month or so I started to feel much better and by about 2 or 3 months I was almost completely symptom free!
Things that have improved since using methotrexate injections:
- Like I mentioned above, I am practically symptom free! I no longer need crutches, wrist supports etc, I can walk normally again and best of all, I am no longer in pain. I have met people since starting the injections and they haven't even noticed that I have arthritis.
- My psoriasis has completely gone, not once mark left anywhere!
- My tiredness levels have massively improved. I can make it to the end of the day without really struggling, whereas I was previously exhausted by 2pm each day. I do still need extra sleep at the weekends and sometimes have a Saturday afternoon nap too, but through the week there is definite improvement.
- General every day life - I feel like I have my normal life back, which is all I really wanted!
- I am no longer on any other form of medication, I just have one injection and one folic acid tablet per week compared to the 15 pills a day I was one at one point!
- I have managed to lose the stone of weight that I put on while on steriods.
In tomorrow's post however, I will explore the side effects I have experienced since taking the injections.