Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

A HUGE thank you!



I have been overwhelmed with the response to my first blog post regarding my battle with Rheumatoid Arthritis!

It was so lovely to have so much support from everyone, it makes such a great difference to know that you have people behind you when you might need them. When I decided to start this blog, I didn't realise how much it would affect the people I know, mainly because I also didn't realise how much I had kept my journey to myself.

I have become some what of a recluse over the past few months. Partly because going somewhere takes so much effort with not being able to drive and being in such pain walking and moving. But also because I didn't want to burden people. I'm usually a very upbeat person, so I didn't want people to see me down and struggling. This meant that a lot of people around me had no idea what I was going through.

But I have learnt that it helps to share, and this blog will most certainly help me do that!

It was also amazing to hear from other RA sufferers and share their experiences. It makes it a bit less daunting starting Methotrexate (MTX), knowing that there are people I can talk to about the dosage increases, injections, side effects, etc.

The response really took me aback, so thank you once again.

I hope you all continue to follow and enjoy my blog.



2 comments:

  1. I think it's really great that you are writing this blog :) I've learnt it definately helps by sharing your thoughts/experiences. Xxx

    ReplyDelete