Pages

Friday 30 November 2012

Exciting news


So I have some exciting news…
Jamie and I have just received the keys for our first house!!
It is a two bedroomed bungalow in the Holbeck, which is perfect for us. (No more stairs to climb when my feet are sore!) The ultimate selling point though, was the back garden which overlooks the whole town. Because we live at the top of a hill we can see for miles, I absolutely love it.
We put an offer in for the house back in September, just days after it had gone up on the market. It was exactly what we wanted, in the area we wanted and for the price we wanted, with no chain and we knew that it would be snatched up if we didn’t act quickly. Our offer was accepted within hours and that is when the waiting game began!
Since then we have signed endless paperwork, been to several meetings, but most of all spent a lot of time waiting! We didn’t really want to tell anyone because so many things can go wrong and it could have fallen through at any moment, so we decided to keep quiet until things were finalised and only tell a select few.
So if you asked me if I had seen any nice houses or when I was thinking on buying a house, and I either changed the subject or just completely ignored the question that is why!! I didn’t want to lie to anyone. But I can finally let the cat out of the bag!
Over the past two weeks things really kicked into gear, with the completion date in sight. It has been really stressful, I nearly didn’t make it to sign the contract because the roads flooded and I got stuck in Ulverston, then a few days later we had problems transferring our deposit for reasons out of our control, then we had issues with our home insurance because the company only faxed through half of the information to our solicitor and to top it all off, yesterday we were told that there was a problem with the boiler (we’ve had it checked and its fine, the message was misconstrued).
 All this stress hasn’t done much for my arthritis though to be honest. I have been sleepwalking the past couple of nights(which I tend to do when I’m stressed)  and I really notice a difference in my swelling when I don’t get a good night’s sleep. I have also had a really short attention span for the same reasons. But hopefully now everything is completed I will get a good sleep ready to start work on the house this weekend.
So if I’m a bit quiet over the next few weeks in the blogging world, it’s because im either scraping wallpaper off, painting walls or moving all of my belongings out of my family home!
 

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and i can relate to alot of what your going through. its frustrating being put on a steroid and having a seronegative diagnosis. Im also a seronegative. and also congrats on your exciting news =)

    ReplyDelete